What is a "friend" of God?


North Bend, Oregon ©salzano


Yesterday I talked about what Servants of God mean.  That actually after you are called and have changed your life 190 degrees from the world to God's way of life you are no longer called a servant of God but a friend.  But it goes farther.  

Study shows some in this life will be entering in the realm where God calls you a begotten son or daughter of God!  
Let me re examine this.  A person can be a servant of God. This person can go through all the actions of obeying God but do not yet have the understanding of heart and intent of God. They do what they have to do.  They obey because they are commanded to do. Like a servant. They go through these motions faithfully trusting God but they do it because they have to. Still under the law in a sense. 

Later this person can migrate to what God calls "friend". This is a closer relationship then servant. 
(I have friends. I like to meet them for coffee or light talk but they are not as close as family to me.)
couple of my friends with wood sailer ;-) ©salzano

This person (the friend) is learning to do what is right not because it is law but because they want to.  They have a choice now and with that choice still choose to obey and change the way they relate to others and how they choose where God is in their life.  

Finally are the ones who over time have lived a faithful life and grown so close to God that He has called them begotten ( not yet spirit beings )sons and daughters of God!  These are the ones, should they continue in this very close relationship with God, that they will be the first fruits. The saints that are in the ceremony of Christ's return. These people will be changed into spirit beings at Christ's arrival if alive and if dead they will be raised from the dead to life as spirit born sons of God.  
Let me inject here that there are no female or male gender once you are born a spirit son of God.  You can easily look that up in God's word. But you will look similar to what you are now only more brilliant  and Holy!  These first fruits are just the 1st of more to come later!  They will be ushering in the world wide reign of Jesus Christ to the New Kingdom of God on Earth! 

I know this is a fast answer but you can find more in depth scriptures and study by going to my links page in the top tool bar, or click here.   United Church of God has the best booklets. Free. Online read or order a booklet.  Also the archives of H. A Armstrong are very detailed with scripture for a solid foundation 

My job is to get a small quick read each day that I can to point by brothers and sisters in Christ to growth.  The links will give you the actual scriptures for in depth study.    

Croatia ©j.salzano



A few of my study notes:
Scripture and Strongs Concordance 
philos:  Friend
fee'-los
Properly. dear, that is, a friend; actively fond, that is, friendly (still as a noun, an associate, neighbor, etc.): - friend.

(MKJV) You are My friends if you do whatever I command you.john14:14

Joh 15:15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

Sons of God
tek'-non

From the base of G5098; a child (as produced): - child, daughter, son.

Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Rom 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

2Co 6:18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

Gal 4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
©salzano



Popular Posts