Who is your trailblazer in the wilderness of life?


©salzano  My Dad is front with gun. Grandfather in back. around 1957 



I grew up in wilderness areas. One was in Alaska.  

My parents homesteaded up near Talkeetna before any roads were in.  However a train track was there.  Dad built a cabin from scratch.  Some relatives moved up about the same time and together with a few local people they sawed the logs, milled them, and built a two room cabin that I and my sister lived in .  We took baths in doors in a large bucket thing. Outdoors in summer we used the side of the manual wringer washer.  ;-)  We had a outhouse that we used sears catalog pages for toilet paper after it was read a million times.  
That sears catalog was also where I cut out paper dolls from the clothes pictures and drooled over real toys. Most my toys while we lived there were hand made.  Funny now I think the hand made were the ones I remember the best.  
©salzano That is me up front at a young age. A cousin in back.

Dad was the fearless leader.  I always felt completely safe with Dad.  He was a brilliant  man who would make whatever he needed.  If we were out hiking he would always be out front.  He chose the trail, and the pace.  I tried to walk in his footsteps literally.  I would stretch my legs as far as I could to step in his  footprints as I walked behind him.  I knew I could trust dad with my life.  I new he loved me and always did what was safe for us.  I was only 6 yrs old.  Children tend to trust their parents for the most part. Mom was the faithful strength who brought up the rear.  Making sure the kids were safely coming along.  

God is your trail blazer.  He goes before you making sure the path is one He has chosen.  Trust Him!  He is way more capable then my dad and can see farther than you or I.  He know the past, the now and the future. God also brings up the rear!  

He promises this:



Deu 31:8  And the LORD, he it is that doth go before thee; he will be with thee, he will not fail thee, neither forsake thee: fear not, neither be dismayed.

btw, this promise was for Moses but since God is no respecter of persons we know what He promised to one like this is for all who believe and accepts His call to follow Him. 

Lets break this down.  The Lord will "GO"  means in Hebrew:
hâlak
haw-lak'
Akin to H3212; a primitive root; to walk (in a great variety of applications, literally and figuratively): - (all) along, apace, behave (self), come, (on) continually, be conversant, depart, + be eased, enter, exercise (self), + follow, forth, forward, get, go (about, abroad, along, away, forward, on, out, up and down), + greater, grow, be wont to haunt, lead, march, X more and more, move (self),  be at the point, quite, run (along),  + travel (-ler), walk (abroad, on, to and fro, up and down, to places), wander, wax, [way-] faring man, 
(not all the meanings were added but you get the picture)
This was the cabin Dad built.  Our lab and family around.  Water was carried from a spring. ©salzano

God will walk with you, keep pace with you, continually be with you, lead you, everywhere.  Further study shows He will never be slack, or slow with you. He is always right there paving the way that He knows is right.  

Heres the thing tho.  
What God knows is best you may see as painful, heavy.  Other times it is opened wide and you breeze through.  What God wants you to understand is that IF you have a flaw in your character that is going to hurt you eternally then He will do what is necessary to fix that. He fixes it by life's circumstances or the paths he leads you on.  It is not that He is not there in times of great distress.  He IS. You would not want God to do less!  You do not want God to be complacent and not finish what He knows is best for you! 
Even when God has allowed me to go through the death of a husband, or fall on trying times, have to leave my home, etc I know that out of perfect love He is paving my way forward.  This is where we must stand firm on our belief in Him.  Never doubting that God has in plan what is for our best in the long run.  Our part is to trust in child like faith His intentions. 
So fear not or be dismayed!!    

Waiting for the train.  All supplies except what we could grow or hunt was brought by train.  ©salzano
                            Talkeetna Alaska 1950's


















Popular Posts