Do not trust your own understanding....

taken in 2014 in Croatia by my husband. Horse still used to grind in this mill.  ©Salzano


Our Thoughts and ideas are not God's unless we are taught. Even then His ways are so much higher than ours we must trust Him at this point.  He has this amazing plan for all mankind.  It is for good and not for evil unlike satan and the demon spirits who are set to destroy mankind because of God's plan for them.  
This means what we think are good and best for us are not as seen by God in most circumstances.  Only He sees the future and knows all our thoughts.  We deceive ourselves a lot of time and deep in our hearts are not for others but for selfish reasons.  I remember one time when this realization came to me in a simple action/thought:

I was cutting some pie for someone else and myself and as I cut them one had more crust or filling then the other piece and I was automatically choosing the eye appealing piece for myself! 
Now when I cut food for others and find myself wanting to choose my slice I make myself either choose the less appealing one for my self or letting the other person choose their slice first.  Just to battle against my selfish nature!  
Think deeply when you shop for presents. Do you really choose what the recipient would want or what you want.  Your fav. color or theirs.  
Your choice of restaurant or what you want?  My husband always chooses his fav food not because he is not generous but it is a automatic selfish nature we have in this physical body that must be surrendered to God.  God who has always chosen what is going to be best for all of us.  This is not easy for us to fully grasp so work on it. It is true! 

Isa 55:8  For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
Isa 55:9  For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
Isa 55:10  For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:
Isa 55:11  So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Popular Posts