But EVEN if God does Not...............




Olympia Washington ©salzano





This small half a sentence is HUGE in our spiritual growth.  
We always desire the ultimate miracle and we pray as if God is our own personal genie in a bottle.  We want complete healing, we want to overcome a character or addiction problem today and we want the problem to be gone permanently. 

We are a society that wants instant gratification, fast food, pills (not life changes) to fix any problem, and to do less and get more.  None of which helps to do what is best for us and that is growing in maturity.  Not to mention does not help us actually fix anything!  Pills cover up a problem or give you more side effects then the problem itself normally.  (in this day and age I must put a disclaimer that I am in no way promoting that all people stop taking the meds just because I said so) We have brains to use.  We must decide all things ourselves after (hopefully) getting advice from a variety of sources number one being God.

Problems normally are not instant fixes.  I have found that even if today God intervenes in some long term I am struggling with it does not stay gone. I have a mental battle over the long term to keep it at bay. Take for example, My life change to get up at 3:30 am four days a week.  I do not like getting up early. I have a hard time getting a full night sleep anyway. I am a light sleeper and need more hours to get my rest. But I also have found I NEED that swimming to feel my best.  I have dogs to care for, and I don't  like crowds so the only time I can get to swimming is to get up at 3:30am. Do my dog chores, fix a little breakfast, drive 15-20 min to swim club and be there at 5am.    
My battle daily is thoughts.  First thought, "I am too tired and warm in this bed maybe I will not go today"  second thought.  NO I need to get up and go"  Third thought, "I feel better and I never regret going once I have gone".  Last thought, "Thank you God for your blessings and for this day, I will get up and go with your help"  ;-)

Believe me it is quite a ongoing battle every time!  But is it worth it?  ABSOLUTELY!  I am more alive and productive all day.  My first thing is always prayer.  Every step against my own will is dwelt with prayer.  God helps me every step.  After time it does get more routine and we need routine.  But it never is just solved.  I still have the pull of the flesh to just sleep in, be lazy, and be self indulged.  
Olympia Washington ©salzano

Thus we are back to the "But even if God does not"
This is from the following story in the book of Daniel: 3

13 Then Nebuchadnezzar, in rage and fury, gave the command to bring Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego. So they brought these men before the king. 14 Nebuchadnezzar spoke, saying to them, “Is it true, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego, that you do not serve my gods or worship the gold image which I have set up? 15 Now if you are ready at the time you hear the sound of the horn, flute, harp, lyre, and psaltery, in symphony with all kinds of music, and you fall down and worship the image which I have made, good! But if you do not worship, you shall be cast immediately into the midst of a burning fiery furnace. And who is the god who will deliver you from my hands?”

16 Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego answered and said to the king, “O Nebuchadnezzar, we have no need to answer you in this matter. 17 If that is the case, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and He will deliver us from your hand, O king. 18 But if not, let it be known to you, O king, that we do not serve your gods, nor will we worship the gold image which you have set up.”


©salzano


When we can get to the point on a regular basis that even when God does not move the mountain before, when God does not fix the problem and it gets worse, we still are not moved from our worship, or walk with Christ.  We are NOT MOVED!  

We do not get mad at God, We do not whine or decide God hates us.  The whole reason God allows anything to come at us in this life is because of a Love so great He never leaves us to just become whatever we want.  No!  He will see us through to a greater character and strength if we do not give up on Him!  Of course we can walk away.  But at some point you will be back to the only one who is our rock and sure foundation.  The only one who loves us so greatly always is Jesus Christ our Lord.  Our Father in Heaven and Jesus are working for us every moment of our lives if we let Him.  

So when God allows your home to be taken, when God allowed a loved one to die, When God allowed you to be very sick and does not heal you, do not see this as punishment but as a chance to grow and overcome by His love and power.  That you will try to see what He is doing in your life.  He always has a perfect plan and just because we cannot see it yet is not a excuse to quit in our worship and praise.  

And I have found that whenever God has allowed something to be taken from me, God either brings it back or provides something better in time.

It is praise that will help us deal with these times when God seems to be doing things we do not understand.  This is a great tool in overcoming wrong attitudes.  Praise, Pray and glorify the God of all.  Esp when you do not feel like it!  You shall overcome and you shall see when you wait and do not expect God to deliver us in the way we deem perfect. 

In the story of Daniel the young men were miraculously saved from the fire.  They were huge testimonies of Gods saving 
but remember they did get thrown into the fire first! 

Hoquiam Wash. ©salzano










Popular Posts