Lessons from The Man with No Name
- First we must never listen to someone else over what God has clearly told us to do. Not our own human reasonings or someone claiming to know what they think we should do or even claiming GOD told them to tell us. GOD is perfectly able to tell us to do otherwise if He wants too. If God does not- we keep right on doing what we heard from God in the beginning and to the the letter!
- Notice that the old prophet had not stood and condemned Jeroboams actions before so he must be a false or lax prophet of God. Luke warm, and without a close relationship to God.
- Why would the man of God believe that false prophet? This was big to me. I believe he believed him because he was insecure in his faith and belief in what God commanded him. How often do we second guess our calling or purpose because we are not BOLD and CONFIDENT in the word of God. We are lax, lazy, timid, fearful. We must cry out to God to heal us and lift us up past this!! Be decisive and BOLD. We pray and we seek God daily and through this we must act like a leader and not as a underdog. Stick to the plan. STAND at the house of the Lamb. This denotes strength found in trusting completely in Jesus Christ! The reason this man has NO NAME is because of his unbelief. He started out ok but failed. Thus his name was stricken from the books. However I believe God has forgiven him and this man will live again and this time without Satan to temp him in fear and weakness. God is very merciful but he will not be one of the first fruits and that is just my opinion as a human with what I understand at this point.
- As for the other man. Whose lies cost this man his life. He was very sad to see what his actions had done. Taken a innocent life. Not only that but a true follower of God’s word. Weak as he was. God lead him to know his sins.
- Through all this and the signs that came to pass the king did not change one bit. He kept on sinning before God. BUT God knew he would not before He sent the man of God. So what was the point? The point is each of stand or fall before God by what we decide to believe. We act on true belief in God’s word or we do not. Then at some point will come the judgment of God upon each person for their own deeds.