On this day 36 years ago...........




My Testimony (short version) 

Me with my two kids visiting my dads Ranch in oregon after Bob died
Thirty six years ago today I was baptized.  I now begin my thirty seventh year in walking with God.  Of course God was touching me, spiritually speaking a year before this day of baptism.

I first started to notice that I had a intense desire to study the bible after a event at home!  I was quiet about this odd fact for there was no reason for this behavior.  It was actually considered “weird”  “uncool” to even mention God except in cuss words or slang up to this point in my young adult life.  I was into my life of living with a guy and had his baby.  He was a drinker and party goer.  I had previously left my first husband for this man.  I had a daughter from my first marriage and my ex husband and their family did not see that I should have contact with her.  I had no plans for life.  I had no thought except for the moment.  

Until that one event…….   I had been cleaning the house while my son slept for a nap.  I had just married the man I had been living with and had the son by.  I got to his office and as I dusted and vacuumed I picked up a bible on the book shelf.  It had my husbands dad’s name on the front.  I opened it and it was as if no one had ever opened it.  Just like a brand new book is at the store this book with the name of a man who had lived many years and now owned by a man in his late twenties had never been opened.   It “just happened “ to open to the new testament account of the woman taken in adultery and what and how Jesus handled the situation:

John 7:53-8:11New King James Version (NKJV)
An Adulteress Faces the Light of the World

53 And everyone went to his own house.[a]
But Jesus went to the Mount of Olives.
Now early[b] in the morning He came again into the temple, and all the people came to Him; and He sat down and taught them. Then the scribes and Pharisees brought to Him a woman caught in adultery. And when they had set her in the midst, they said to Him, “Teacher, this woman was caught[c] in adultery, in the very act. Now Moses, in the law, commanded[d] us that such should be stoned.[e] But what do You say?”[f] This they said, testing Him, that they might have something of which to accuse Him. But Jesus stooped down and wrote on the ground with His finger, as though He did not hear.[g]
So when they continued asking Him, He raised Himself up[h] and said to them, “He who is without sin among you, let him throw a stone at her first.” And again He stooped down and wrote on the ground. Then those who heard it, being convicted by their conscience,[i] went out one by one, beginning with the oldest even to the last. And Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst. 10 When Jesus had raised Himself up and saw no one but the woman, He said to her,[j] “Woman, where are those accusers of yours?[k] Has no one condemned you?”
11 She said, “No one, Lord.”
And Jesus said to her, “Neither do I condemn you; go and sin no more.”
………………………………………………………………………………….


At the reading of the words “neither do I condemn you: go and sin no more” I dropped to my knees and wept.  A warm comfort of release come over like nothing I had ever experienced before. God had noticed me and forgiven me of all my sins. 

 Later I would know that Gods spirit had touched me at that very moment.  Now I started reading the bible and secretly mentioned this new thing to my sister.  I was shocked to learn she too had been drawn to reading the bible.   I started praying to God to make sure I went to right place to learn for I was ignorant in the ways of God and did not want to learn the wrong things.  After trying a couple of churches we got to this one and I KNEW it was where God intended me to be.  It was time to begin my spiritual journey of learning.  God was teaching me, and God was setting the time and place for all things.  I just did not know how involved God was till later.  I did not know who the four gospels were or how to find things in the bible.  I had never went to church or did my family. My mother was the only one to teach me some small elementary teachings but my dad was against any kind of organized religion.  He was a forceful man and the family did what he wanted when he wanted.  Mom had secretly been baptized around 1956.  But she was never allowed to go to church or have ministers over.  They were promptly thrown out if they showed up.   

Although over the next few years my new husband’s family tried to get me to quit and not go to this new church I was not obedient like my mom and found ways to go anyway.  I taught my son passionately about Christ and how important his life was to God.  That he was chosen to know God and learn His ways. 

Although I can not give account of my whole walk through this 35 years I can say I was met with strong opposition from every side.  Family, friends. and the forces of the dark spirit world. I lost all my regular friends but gained new ones.  It was not like we did not like each other but we no longer had the same desires and goals.  Well, I HAD a goal now and they did not!
 But God does not leave us alone.  He protects and intervenes when necessary.  The opposition from my husband’s mom and dad were so intense I was about to have a mental break down.  When one day soon after this was going on, his dad died of a massive heart attack.  Within a couple years his mom became a alcoholic and she died in a  drunk driving accident.  

I became pregnant with a another child and she was born in 1984.  Even though both Bob and I had brown hair I had prayed for blond hair and blue eyed daughter.  That was before you could preview what the child was before they born.  I was blessed with a new daughter  with blond hair and blue eyes.  
This time, my husband announced, "This child will NOT be going to church.  You will not teach her like you have done my son!"  He even raised his fist to the heavens and cursed God to do anything about it!  I thought for sure the lighting for heaven would strike us all down. It did come but just to Bob. 

Three months later, while driving home from a party, my husband was killed in a accident from a drunk driver near our home.  My son was about 8 years old and my baby girl was 9 months old.  We were living in a unfinished house way out in a rural area of alaska.  Bob was heavily in debt. I had no income or way to pay for things.  

Those next few years God worked huge miracles every day for us.  We ended up being able to finish the house, pay off the debts and even move out of alaska to my own home on a mini ranch nearer my parents.  It was not fast or easy but it was accomplished through God who cares for his children.

To this day after much more drama and trials, I have never been alone.  Through everything that God has allowed in my life, he has provided what is needed to go THROUGH it all.  Not escape from but go through.  It is by going through the tough times that God is building great character and wisdom.  

My kids have all turned out to be assets to society and a positive smile to others.  A great blessing to me and their families.  I  so blessed!   

Trails continue as we grow. This past year I lost all my hair within a few months in handfuls.  By the end of the year I no longer had one colored hair but God replaced my hair so that today I am covered with thick pure white hair.  I believe God has touched me again.  In preparation for my last season on this earth to be and do His will.  I will continue to speak and write what God places in my heart to say and do.  My health is returning quickly and I am learning the wisdom of God.   His purpose is so incredible  and so massive.  It is universal and majestic.  But this new purpose for mankind will not happen until Jesus Christ returns.  Before that happens much pain and suffering will come upon the world like the pain of a woman giving birth to a new being.  We know not the exact time but the signs are all here.  We can not save the world but we can be assured that God will save those who turn to Him and follow Him. There is life after death.  Choose Life.  
mom and dad when I was young.

Celebrate your day of baptism more than your birth.  Your death is not the end.  We have much to do and to learn. It is the “beginning of the end and the end of the Beginning”  






Popular Posts