A Return on your Loses?



A Return on your Loses

The world teaches us that if we have money, power, success we reap a great return.
God teaches us that for those who Believe and trust in Him we shall have a 
good return on our loses. 

When we put our lives  our safety and our sustenance in God’s Hands and IF we truly believe and follow wholeheartedly His ways then HE will return what has been taken.  What have you lost while serving and following our God?
He has taught me over the last 36+ years this principle.  God started in small little things.  One time I lost a earring my mother had given me.  It was sterling silver and handmade.  It meant a lot to me.  I arrived home with just one.  I had been all over town so backtracked best I could but never found it.  Three months later or so, the earring was found by my mother!  She had been walking downtown near where my brother worked and there in the weeds something glittered in the sun.  There the other earring lay.  It had a small dent from being walked on but it shined up nicely and I still have those earrings today.  

Another story was about a suitcase.  After flying out of distant city to California and then returning I was very tired.  I had traveled with a group of youths.  My daughter and I and her friend had driven to the airport in our motorhome.  I remember getting in the motorhome that night and driving for about 2 or 3 hours to a camp to park and rest.  That night as I went to look for my suitcase I noticed it was gone.  I had pulled it and sat it up in the airport parking spot to unlock the doors and once the kids were in drove off and forgot it in the lot.  What are the chances in a airport parking lot for your suitcase to still be there apx 11 hours later?  Well it WAS. Sitting there like a pillar of God’s love and care just waiting for us when we drove all the way back.  Amazing!  People and cars going here and there and not one person seemed to see the suitcase!!  Maybe God made it invisible to them.  ;-)

But what about large things in our hearts?  The loss of a child.  The loss of a mate?  I lost a husband to accidental death at 35yrs old.  Did God give me another mate?  Yes!  I lost a daughter when I was very young to divorce that prevented me from seeing her at all.  She was like 3 yrs old when my ex husband kept her from me.  Years later when she was a young adult we found each other and now we stay in touch and can love each other.  

I have lost a home and place to call my own.  Did God return a home  to me?  Even though I had no money and no way to get a loan?  YES.  I am living proof that to those who want to turn their lives over to God to care for HE DOES!!  

And yes, God allows loss.  I currently have lost my hair.  Due to what some call alopecia.  I know who gave me hair to begin with.  I had beautiful shiny dark brown hair with a touch of grey on the sides. I now have pure white hair that is growing back. I see it as the touch of God on me.  I have learned some important lessons from this loss of my hair.  I still have a few bald spots!  But that is another post!

 Many things we call hardships are really stepping stones to a greater life.  God is building us and caring for us.  Trust the one who carries your heart.  Do not turn to your own understanding.  To surrender your will and inner most being to God, our Lord Christ is to heal all your sins and wrongs.  He redeems you!  He crowns you as His Child.  

One other loss is when evil men deceive and take things from you.  The insurance company you paid into for years finds a little “hole” in your policy and will not pay your benefits for your loss.  A business that owed you a lot of money does not pay.  A person steals your purse, a bank takes your last dollar in fees and then your account goes overdrawn.  But God is here for us through it all.  

And yes the return on your loses is just one of His promises.  Not always in the way we would think or want.  But then He knows what we need more than we do.  One thing I know.  I never fail when I give up all for trusting in Him.  


       ************************************
Isaiah 62:11New International Version (NIV)
The Lord has made proclamation
 to the ends of the earth:
“Say to Daughter Zion,
 ‘See, your Savior comes!
See, his reward is with him,
and his recompense accompanies him.’”

Joel 2:25New International Version (NIV)
“I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten—


Popular Posts