Have you Entered the True REST of God?




Ephesians 2:4-6
New Living Translation (NLT)
But God is so rich in mercy, and he loved us so much, that even though we were dead because of our sins, he gave us life when he raised Christ from the dead. (It is only by God’s grace that you have been saved!) For he raised us from the dead along with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ Jesus.
“seated us”  Christ has given us (the called and faithful followers of all His ways, baptized and obedient to God) life not death.  He seats us with him why? because we are united with Jesus Christ.  (though not spiritual beings yet but begotten sons and daughters of Christ which is the same thing to God. For once He declares a thing it is already as good as) 
Joyce Meyer said in her devotional,”After His resurrection and ascension, Jesus is often depicted as being seated at the right hand of the Father. Do you know what people do when they sit?  They REST. To be seated in heavenly places with Jesus is to enter an “inner rest” !  End quote
Jesus said, ENTER MY REST. read all of Hebrews 3 and 4.

  1. Hebrews 4:3
    For only we who believe God can enter into his place of rest. He has said, “I have sworn in my anger that those who don’t believe me will never get in,” even though he has been ready and waiting for them since the world began.
    Hebrews 4:2-4 (in Context) Hebrews 4 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  2. Hebrews 4:5
    Even so they didn’t get in, for God finally said, “They shall never enter my rest.”
    Hebrews 4:4-6 (in Context) Hebrews 4 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
 This is the key to understanding something HUGE about the death of Christ.  We are no longer bound by laws and regulations.  We now have the love of God, we should now understand the Reason the laws were given.  We should no longer need to do the physical when we should now be growing to the spiritual actions, thought patterns, and living them every day.  Not one day a week, or during Holy Days.  NONE of the laws are done away with but all are fulfilled on the cross!  Let me quote Joyce Meyer once more, 
“The promise of God’s peace is not made to those who work, struggle and strive in their own strength but to those who enter God’s REST”!  End quote
Fully surrendered, aware and understanding the Holy law of God’s love! No longer do I need to keep a law that says ,”do not steal” for I know why I should not steal and I do not WANT to steal.  I do not want to hurt others or my self by stealing, I know GOD provides what I need. And this goes on for all the rest of the laws. 

Galatians 4:28-31
New Living Translation (NLT)
28 And you, dear brothers and sisters, are children of the promise, just like Isaac. 29 But you are now being persecuted by those who want you to keep the law, just as Ishmael, the child born by human effort, persecuted Isaac, the child born by the power of the Spirit.
30 But what do the Scriptures say about that? “Get rid of the slave and her son, for the son of the slave woman will not share the inheritance with the free woman’s son.”[a] 31 So, dear brothers and sisters, we are not children of the slave woman; we are children of the free woman.
same verse above but in different version:
Galatians 4:28-31
Revised Standard Version (RSV)
28 Now we,[a] brethren, like Isaac, are children of promise. 29 But as at that time he who was born according to the flesh persecuted him who was born according to the Spirit, so it is now. 30 But what does the scripture say? “Cast out the slave and her son; for the son of the slave shall not inherit with the son of the free woman.” 31 So, brethren, we are not children of the slave but of the free woman.

Galatians 5
Revised Standard Version (RSV)
For freedom Christ has set us free; stand fast therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery.
The Nature of Christian Freedom
Now I, Paul, say to you that if you receive circumcision, Christ will be of no advantage to you. I testify again to every man who receives circumcision that he is bound to keep the whole law. You are severed from Christ, you who would be justified by the law; you have fallen away from grace. For through the Spirit, by faith, we wait for the hope of righteousness. For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision is of any avail, but faith working[a] through love. You were running well; who hindered you from obeying the truth? This persuasion is not from him who calls you.

and again the above verse but in the Living version:
Galatians 5
Living Bible (TLB)
So Christ has made us free. Now make sure that you stay free, and don’t get all tied up again in the chains of slavery to Jewish laws and ceremonies. Listen to me, for this is serious: if you are counting on circumcision and keeping the Jewish laws to make you right with God, then Christ cannot save you. I’ll say it again. Anyone trying to find favor with God by being circumcised must always obey every other Jewish law or perish. Christ is useless to you if you are counting on clearing your debt to God by keeping those laws; you are lost from God’s grace.
But we by the help of the Holy Spirit are counting on Christ’s death to clear away our sins and make us right with God. And we to whom Christ has given eternal life don’t need to worry about whether we have been circumcised or not, or whether we are obeying the Jewish ceremonies or not; for all we need is faith working through love.
You were getting along so well. Who has interfered with you to hold you back from following the truth? It certainly isn’t God who has done it, for he is the one who has called you to freedom in Christ. 

Read this with your own eyes and pray for understanding that only God can give you.  WHY? because this is the way to true forgiveness and the way to get rid of trying to erase all the sins of your past.  You were baptized and you want desperately for God to love you.  But you remain in depression and burdens you do not need to carry!  I’ll say it again. Anyone trying to find favor with God by being circumcised must always obey every other Jewish law or perish. Christ is useless to you if you are counting on clearing your debt to God by keeping those laws; you are lost from God’s grace.”

We must come to next level of understanding!  Otherwise you stay in the old rules and under the curse of death if you do not keep them perfectly.

But, let me state.  That I believe these old rules will indeed be kept for all those not fully understanding yet.  If that is what it takes for them to grow in grace and understanding then it is good.  But we CAN NOT stay there!!  We MUST grow.  It took me many years trying to keep the old ways and rules until God opened my mind to something better.  The real reason for the cross.  What it meant for me.  I respect the path God has brought me.  I had to walk the entire road to get to where I am now and I still have a lot of road to walk yet!  But for those who God is opening His truth and growth too HE has asked me to print this.  ONLY GOD can open the minds of those He has called.  I can not.  My words will not mean nothing to all others.  God always tells me that Most will reject His words. Everything I say from His Holy Word will not be accepted.  For they love darkness.  But His called People are always ready to pray and fast and seek truth. No matter what They know the voice of true Shepherd. 
I still Love to set aside my seventh day for peace and rest.  God does not require it because I have entered that REST.  But I do love to remember all the holy days and the things they have revealed.  It is just that I know it is not required any more as a LAW.  I am always walking with God.  I am always in tune with WHY He is asking me to think and act like Him.  I still sin, yes.  I fail but I do not stay in sin.  It kills me to sin.  I hate it.  Yet God is my shield and cover.  Like a small child who after doing wrong comes to the parent and cries in regret.  Please dad forgive me, I am so sorry.  Would you forgive your child if they came like that?   Of course you would if you are a loving parent.  So does Christ!!  For we intend to do better.  We will do better because GOD has promised to finish what He has begun in us!  And GOD never FAILS.  We can trust God.  Trust God now and pray often and always for understanding and truth.  GROW and do not become stagnant.  



Popular Posts