Where do most fear come from?

These were notes I took while watching In Touch the other day.  A podcast.  Of course there are many fears but these I wrote down in regards to relationships.  

Greed, wanting more than enough, not happy with what you have.  Jealousy over someone is really wanting control over them.  

The point being that Fear should not be in a true believers life.  We fear many things but we need to ask ourselves why?  In most cases are we not saying we really do not TRUST God for our needs?  
For IF we truly trusted and believed God we would not fear.  What are some of the things God says about overcoming Fear:

1. For God gave us a spirit NOT of fear but of power and love and self control.
2 Timothy 1:7
2. There is no fear in Love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in Love.  1John4:18
3. For God is not a God of confusion but of Peace.   1Corinthians 14:33
4. Fear NOT, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.  (How many times has God told me this!)
Isaish 41:10
5. For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!” Romans 8:15    

For more examples here is a good list (click the sentence)

And just fear itself is something we need to cast out.  Start by praying when you feel fear coming on.  Sing to God!  That always helps me!  In the storms of life we can sing to God and watch them all fade away. 

side note: We had a serious storm last two days where I live.  Heavy flooding, rain, winds.  Limbs were flying past my house and landing on the roof.  I looked out the window to see a huge strike of lightning hit a community across the bay from my home and it took out all the electricity there!  I went to bed to study and read God's word.  I sang praises to Him and in no time I could lie down in the midst of the storm knowing for sure God was with me. I had no fear and slept through the night to a calm morning.




 No matter how many times we face fear or what kinds of fear.  God is right here for us.  It is a ongoing battle of our minds.  Satan and the demons of darkness do try to scare us to the point we are useless to God.  We have weapons to use against it!  Put on therefor the whole armor of God!  For we are more than a conquer through Christ who wins the battles!  We just have to face our fears and TRUST HIM!  Never Give up and face each new day confidant in Christ our Lord.  

May God bless you with His understanding and strength.

Popular Posts