"I stand at the door and Knock" Is NOT talking about a unbelievers house!








In Rev 3:20 it says....
Behold I stand at the door and knock.  If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come into him and dine with him, and he with me.

but the whole chapter was about the Lukewarm Church!

Rev. 14- 22

To the Church in Laodicea

14And to the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write:

These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God’s creation. 15 I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! 16 So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth. 17 You say, ‘I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.’ But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked. 18 I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see.
19 Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent. 20 Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door,I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.
21 To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne,just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne. 22 Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches.”


My bible commentary says, " I stand at the door and knock" pictures the Lord Jesus seeking entrance into his own church (v14) for the purpose of renewed fellowship.  Though it is often understood as Christ knocking at an individual unbeliever's heart, the context makes that improbable."
****************

Too many of the churches today are lukewarm!  They are watered down, weak and speak and teach what the people want to hear NOT what GOD wants taught!  They want please the people and keep those dollars coming in instead of building up the believers toward the ways of God.  They do not want to "make waves" or get someone angry with what they teach. Taking the road that all of the prophets warned about!!  
Interesting that judgement will begin at God's own house!  The so called Christians who say they believe but do not ACT like believers.  They love to tell everyone how much they go to church, they read the bible, they give tithes but have no true relationship with GOD!

We live now at the beginning of the end.  The season of the End of the beginning is done!  Time is short for all believers, and we must be about our Fathers Will.  Christ showed us the way.  Redeem the days while you can still worship God, for a time is coming when the truth will be suppressed yes, indeed is coming upon us all already if you have eyes to see.


Popular Posts