The Harvest is plentiful but where are the Workers?





Matthew 9:35
Jesus went through all the towns and villages, teaching in their churches, preaching the good news of the kingdom of God.  Healing the sick, etc.

When He saw the crowds he had compassion on them, because He saw that they were harassed and helpless like sheep with out a shepherd.  Then He said, "The harvest is plentiful but  the workers are few".  Ask the Lord of the harvest therefor to send out workers into His field.

To the 12 He said, "Do not go to the gentiles or enter any samaritans.  Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel.  As you go preach this message, The kingdom of God is near, Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who are sick and drive out demons.  Freely you have received, freely give.   (luke 5:30 wording my own)
********************************************************************

I think this shows pretty plainly that to those who God raises up to be a follower of Christ is to also be a witness to others.  This might be just on your actions.  It might be as a teacher of the the Hope that God has put into your heart, that hope of the GOOD NEWS of the KINGDOM OF GOD

 Do you know what is that Hope, can you explain it.  What is the plan of God and this coming Kingdom of God?  If you can not answer these questions you need to study and find out!  This is what I post about all the time.  This hope and promise God gives to me.  I do my best to act as God wants me to.  I freely express to any one I meet about God. Who He is to me, why I believe in Him and follow His ways, his laws, and His plans for my life.  

If you feel God is bringing people into your life that need God.  Then I believe God is expecting you to speak out about His plan for mankind.  The incredible human potential!  It is not teaching damnation and fire in hell, it is just telling people of God's plan for redemption, hope and renewal to a new life! 

None of us can "save" another person.  Only God can do that.  We cannot argue a person into believing God, for only the Father can draw a person.  But we can speak out of the hope and joy we know that God gave us.  Gives us every day, every moment.   

Popular Posts