ATONEMENT and Why Fast?


May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world. Galatians 6:14 

The above verse means tons to me.  It is exactly how I feel ever since the Lord Called my name and set me on the path I tread today.  It is something no one can understand until you have been called and placed there too.  The world see's this as something weird, crazy, brain washed, lax, extreme, etc.  But to the ones who answer the Call of God, it is fulfillment like no other.

We were people who lived to ourselves serving our own purposes, our own ideas of right and wrong. WE decided everything.  But then we changed, to the world we became strange.  Why? Because we would not follow them any more.  We stood against the tide of humanity and saw through different eyes.

Isaiah 55:8
“ For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,” says the LORD.

God started molding our character, we started to think about others and how we effect them more.  We know longer thought we had all the answers.  We found the pursuits of world were without true meaning in the scope of His plans.  Even, as many of the trials, God set before them were like being in a fire, it purified them to His higher purpose and not just for them, but for the kingdom of God to come.

The daily devotional of "Streams in the Desert" has one chapter that deeply touches my soul after all these years of walking with God.  It is chapter October 17th.  Of which I am writing about above.  I hope you will read that one today.  A Quote, "Now at last their opportunity had come. Earlier they had only heard of the mystery, but now they felt it."


Fasting
One of the ways, I draw near to God, near enough to really hear Him, is by fasting.  On those occasions when I was feeling overwhelmed or seeking truth in any matter, I would fast.  Fasting is taking a day and setting it aside to commune with God.  You put away food, and water.  Some just food, depending on your health.  It should always be done after much planning if possible.  Preparing your mind, and body.

I found that it was better to start in the late afternoon, and go 24 hours.  I would make sure my "to do" list was only what could not be eliminated for the day.  Then I would spend a rotation of prayer, study of God's word, and meditation alone.  Like the photo of my son above, it was a time away from the distraction of the world.  Away from the tv, radio, noise, phones, and be able to HEAR GOD.


Atonement or At One with GOD (at one ment) is a day God set aside to be kept annually.  This  Holy Day Represents the perfecting of the called out saints of God. Jesus Christ became our "Atonement" to be at one with the Father!  A study on atonement would be good if you have never heard the term before.

I now fast at any time.  However, I admit, I need to do it more often.  As the world becomes more of a distraction, and humanity becomes more depraved, I need to keep my focus on Christ more intently.














Popular Posts