Peace? Where do I find it?

There is a peace that springs soon after sorrow, 
Of hope surrendered, not of hope fulfilled:
A peace that does not look upon tomorrow,
But calmly on the storm that it has stilled,

A peace that lives not now in joy's excesses, 
Nor in the happy life of love secure;

But in the unerring strength the heart possesses
Of conflicts won while learning to endure.

A peace there is, in sacrifice secluded,
A life subdued, from will and passion free;
It's not the peace that over Eden brooded,
But that which triumphed in Gethsemane
From the Book, "streams in the desert" page 459


I will be 60 years old this next year.  I have been called and united with the Holy Spirit since 1979.
In all this time, I can promise you, I have many trials, burdens, and sorrows.  I say this as too many think that when they surrender to Christ, their lives will be filled with all sunny days and no pain.

The difference from being a person who follows his own path from being a  follower of Jesus Christ and surrendering to His Trusted Ways is that you will find a peace and joy not known by any other.  The world offers many substitutes to God's peace.  They will not last, nor will you find fulfillment.  The world will cast you aside and when you fall down it will abandon you.  The people will walk by and not even see you lying on the sidewalk, hand outstretched pleading for help.  Yes, when you fall down, even your closet friends will know you no more.

But there is one.  There is only One who knows you, and when you are in your worst will love you, and reach down to pull you up.  He will feed your soul as well as your body.  You will never thirst again.  And in HIS arms you will find PEACE, JOY and HOPE.  He will never forsake you, and He keeps all His promises.  In the days ahead, you will find you need Him.  Like never before YOU need Him.  No substitutes will work any more.  

As for me and My  house,  We shall Stand at the foot of the Lord.  It is here I find peace among the turmoil of Life.  I find Joy and Fresh air.  Yes, I have problems, but the burden can be given to Christ, who does indeed lift it off of me.  IF, I let Him, and not take it back to carry myself.  This is the life long lesson, to give to Him and walk freely alongside of our God.

Right now, my husband and I face intense financial troubles.  Some due to our own doing, most due to the chaotic system of our world.  We would drown except that GOD is always here, step by step each day, each week and month, keeping us afloat. And God always does.  I have always owned my own home, why? Because GOD worked out so I could.  Not my efforts.  Our income comes from working yes, but that is from God too.  You will not understand this unless you have the Holy Spirit working in you, and have surrendered your life to Jesus.  There you will find you didn't know much at all.  God will teach you all truth and the truth shall indeed set you free!

 Soon, I know, we all will not be just float, but we all will get up and  WALK on that Water!!
(spiritually speaking, for I am sent not to the lost but to the house of God and those God is calling)





Popular Posts