You do not understand........Yet

Devastating circumstances can rock and hammer at our minds.

This was where a huge commercial truck crashed through our yard one day years ago.  You can see where the truck smashed the fence and hit the one tree in our yard that would stop it.  A very old redwood has the scar to prove it was there.  If the truck had veered just 3 feet to the left of this tree it would have hit our propane tank, with my two children sleeping in their beds right above!  God did not let it happen.  God did let our fence be destroyed.  But the company whose truck it owned, did replace the fence.

We know that God is on His throne.  Then WHY does he let us go through seemingly unbearable times?  If you are a believer of many years you know full well, that your days may be filled with greater hardship than when you first believed.
You stagger under the burden and cry out, "WHY?"  Help me understand Lord, Have I done something wrong?  Am I on the wrong path?  and we face thoughts of giving up, we grow discouraged and want to find relief.  We may want to take charge ourself and change the path.  We want out of the pain, or the hardship.  We want relief!

But DO NOT.  If God has led you into this path, keep steady.  Let God guide you through not around the trial.  It will only work for your good if you finish the race. We do not grow in character in easy times.  No, like a athlete training, he must endure pain in muscle growth and stamina to strengthen his body. If God could just tell us and we would then know and do all that He proposes He would.  But we need conditioning and growth through life and all the situations that come. Our growth cannot come instantly.

For although you feel like the whole thing is on your back, it is not.  It is totally in God's hands IF you pray and surrender to His will.

I have been under tremendous pressure these past years.  God is working me through many things. As all His children are.   When I get hit hard, He always encourages me on.  Like today, when I was the one, wondering why?  Asking how was I going to go on?  and God lead me to this statement:
 "You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand"  from John 13.7
and
"we know that in ALL things God works for good of those who love him, and who have been called according to His purpose"  Romans 8:28


In ALL things not some, for who?  To those who love HIM, who have been called according to GOD's purpose.  I have been called by God.  I know my purpose in Him.  I love God, and will leave this too in His hands.  What can I do?  I will sing praises to Him.  I will trust in Him and all the circumstances that may come from this.

Popular Posts