If you were granted Just one wish, what would it be?

Lets say, you are approached one day, by a simple man in ordinary clothes.  He tells you he is the son of God and that He will grant you one wish.  But only one.  You laugh to yourself, and figure this man is probably a lunatic, too much too drink or confused.  But he seems sincere, and your life has been so hard.  Your debts are so deep you can never pay them off in your lifetime, your mate was laid off work yesterday, your kids are starting to run with the wrong crowd.  Nothing seems easy any more.  
How would you answer the man?  What if, just IF He was the Son of God?  

Would you ask for great riches?
Would you ask for no more trials for the rest of your life?
Would you ask for perfect health?
Would you ask of all your children to be highly successful?

I asked myself this question after reading a devotional, that was asking that same question.  I did not read down to see how the devotional answered it.  I pondered this a few seconds, but the answer came quickly!
The one thing now, as it has been for over 30 years is this:

Give to me a intimate  and close relationship with God for all the rest of my life.

Let me tell you why.  To ask for riches would solve many current problems but would create a whole bunch more.  Friends would be friends only because you had money. They would always want more money from you.  And giving it too them might harm them more than help.
 Others would sue you constantly for money, and in this great wealth, you find it did not bring happiness or peace.

But IF you have a close relationship with God you will always have enough for your needs, you will find joy and peace are always available.  You are never alone for He is always there.

To ask for the absence of trials, would bring you to great destruction.  In vanity and selfishness you would have no compassion on others, you would grow sour and lack all true character.  Weak in endurance, patience and would have no faith.

To accept all trails in Faith , is too build a trust that shall never be broken.  To learn how to go through a trial and not around the trial,  teaches us courage, endurance and trust. You gain depth of character gained through no other way.   We learn through each one how God was there for us.  That He and He alone loves us more than any human on earth is capable. That HE is faithful for us.  
When we fail, He succeeds!

To seek perfect health or highly successful children is unreal.  No one lives forever yet.  Financial success could well be the ruin of your children.  No one wants poverty, but if being poor means a greater happiness, and perfect reward at the end, would we not rather have that?  To only live for today is foolish.  But how many of us do that?  All of us at times.  WE must set our minds not just on today but on what tomorrow's future will be.  Since we cannot know this, lets put it all into our Father's hand, and Hand of Christ the son.  Then, no matter what may come, God has it covered!

With God all things are possible. 
************ 

John 14:11-16 (New International Version)

11Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves. 12I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. 13And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. 14You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.


Jesus Promises the Holy Spirit
 15"If you love me, you will obey what I command. 16And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever—


Popular Posts